Friday, November 12, 2010

A Blessed Week Off

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not about to get a week-long vacation from work anytime soon.  I simply took the entire week off from crafting, creating, cleaning, or doing anything other that existing... and it was really nice!  Of course, I did have to do some cooking, but that wasn't bad either.  I made some incredible chicken last night with a side of rice and celery sticks filled with peanut butter.  PB's a veggie, right?  It comes from a legume...

The Man and I are almost through with season one of our JAG-a-thon.  I begged him to watch two episodes Wednesday night and two more last night so that I could return the DVD to Netflix on Friday and get the next disc by Monday night.  He has a movie for us one night over the weekend, probably some shoot-'em-upper I won't want to watch.

Still no plans to start another quilt, although when I was showing my parents the fabric before I started the last one, Mom made a comment that she has a hard time finding pretty blankets for a king-sized bed.  It would be sort of nice to see a quilt I made on someone else's bed, though I am still getting used to seeing one on my bed that I made!

Our weekend is filling up quickly, but we're hoping to have some down time Sunday evening after some friends come to visit us.  I hope to get some early pre-madness Christmas shopping done at some point, but I just don't know how motivated I'll be after my lazy week.

It feels really good to take time off and do what I want sometimes.

No comments: