Friday, November 05, 2010

Quilting Mayhem

I've been working like a crazy person trying to get my quilt done.  Unfortunately I didn't spend as much time as I wanted on it on my birthday day off this week as I felt guilty for not having my family's calendars done yet, but such is life.  The calendars are much closer to being done, and I'm still kicking on the quilt.

If I can sew a strip onto each block tonight, iron it, and sew another piece, and then iron, sew the last pieces, and iron tomorrow morning, I can probably get the top pieced and the trim on by the end of the day.  Hopefully I'll get it turned, too, so that all I have to do Sunday morning is tie it.

I am thinking I'll probably end up getting it all done Sunday night, realistically, but that won't make me happy.  I have lots of other things that need to be done that take up time as well.  Maybe I can make The Man do the laundry and the cooking and the cleaning...

Yeah, yeah, that sounds like the perfect way to spend a weekend: I quilt, The Man does chores.  HA!

1 comment:

cm0978 said...

That plan work if you close your eyes to how he's doing those chores...and if you like cheese and maple syrup on whatever he cooks. Enjoy the creative juices with your quilt!