Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Fa la la la la

Well hello again dear readers... that pesky little cough I had a week ago turned into a full-blown chest cold.  I didn't do much except lay on the couch for two solid days, and today I managed to get some quilting done between bouts of coughing up a lung and gagging on my own phlegm. The Man has taken to calling me "Pestilence."  I gotta hand it to him, though, this is the first time I've been sick since before we were engaged.  He put up with a lot of me getting up in the middle of the night to hack and cough and sneeze and blow my nose loudly and often.  "Good night, Pestilence," he'd say, "I love you."  Lub you too.

The only thing good about being off yesterday (holiday) was that Band of Brothers was playing on TV, so I could watch that all day long.  There was no good TV on today.  Not even Mythbusters.

Christmas was good.  Thankfully my cold held off for me to get through festivities without being too symptom-ridden.  I tried to keep to myself and not spread any germs, so I'm really sorry if anyone caught my bug (I was not sick nor contagious at my family's thing two weeks ago).  I probably ate way too much, but that's what holidays are for, right?

And then there is my current quilting project, a sort of extremely bright ohio star "lap quilt" pattern big enough for at least three laps.  Since I was home sick today, I did get some sewing done.  I have all of the triangles for the stars stitched down now, so I can do the nine-patch part Friday and hopefully the many, many sashing pieces Saturday and Sunday.  Realistically, stretch that out another week.  Then sewing the blocks together, quilting, and binding... maybe mid-January if I'm lucky.  I still need to buy batting!

That's my whole life the last few days.  I've felt like crap, but I'm getting better.

No comments: