Monday, December 06, 2010

A Good Weekend

I had a good weekend.  Great weekend, actually.  Productive, restful, just the right length...

Saturday morning saw us working industriously.  The Man and I volunteered to help a lady across town clean out her gutters and put up her Christmas lights.  The Man bravely ascended to the top of her roof and had to look down two stories to see concrete below him.  He was very careful and got both jobs done in about two hours.  He also chopped some wood for her.  While he was busy, I swept her back deck and front porch free of the pine needles.  I wiped off her patio furniture.  Then I went inside and helped her make brownies, cut veggies for soup, and prep the produce for her party sandwiches.  We were there about three hours and earned ourselves a few dollars.

Later that day, The Man drove to Portland to visit his brother.  I stayed behind to work on my projects.  I super-deep-cleaned the bathroom, did three loads of laundry, and got the apartment all tidied up.  My parents weren't doing much, so I went over and visited them.  Mom took me to Costco (she has a card, we don't) so I could get The Man and me new Sonicare toothbrushes (my 4-year-old model D-I-E-D).  Mom offered to make swedish meatballs for us since Dad and The Man don't like them and neither of us will make them just for ourselves (too much work, too many leftovers).  Mom's dinner was fantastic.  I worked on my projects over there for a bit before heading home.

Sunday was very relaxing.  I didn't get out of bed until the double-digit hours.  I did manage to get most of one project done and more than half of our presents wrapped.  We did a little shopping and bought new Levi's for both of us ($32 a pair at Freddies!).  I also bought myself a plant.  More about the plant another day.  Suffice it to say this weekend was expensive.

But it was really, really good!

No comments: