Friday, December 03, 2010

I *Heart* Crock Pots

I arrived home tonight to a crock pot full of turkey noodle soup simmering away.  The total amount of work I expended for dinner was slicing open a bag of frozen egg noodles and upending the bag to put the noodles into the soup.  Snip, flip, dump.  Dinner's done.

Since the turkey was cooked last weekend and then frozen, I didn't have to deal with that.  I did have to chop carrots, celery, and onions last night, but I did that while the waffles were cooking on my waffle iron (breakfast for dinner = yum!).  This morning, I tossed the veggies all into the bottom of the crock pot, put the thawed turkey chunks on top, poured in the chicken stock and some spices, and set it all on low to cook all day.

The Man stirred the pot on his lunch break.  That means he cooked dinner (according to him).

1 comment:

MissKris said...

I would be lost without my Crock Pot. And my big George Foreman grill. My kitchen would feel naked without either of them.