Thursday, January 06, 2011

Bring on the Change

It would be unfair of me to keep this to myself any longer.  The blogosphere must know.  Friends and family who keep in touch with me via my bloggy must know.  And it's just about ready to make me burst if I don't get it out right now!

I got a new job.

And as many of you know, I don't blog about work or coworkers, so I have to keep this brief.  Where I'm moving to and what I'll be doing won't be posted for privacy reasons (e-mail me if you're desperate to know). There is a very tiny salary increase (about enough to cover my parking permit for a year), and I'll have an office separate from the main office (yay!).  Mostly, I'm excited to be busy all day long again.  I'm looking forward to new challenges and a room with windows that look out at the world instead of in a basement.

Of course, there are things I'm sad to leave, and change isn't always easy or fun, but I've needed this change for a couple months (years?).  The Man continues his job search, so we could end up moving any moment if he gets a job far away, but for me, for now, this is a step in the right direction.

One more week at the old job, then I'm off to new pastures.  Time will tell if they're greener.

1 comment:

sara@waughmadness.blogspot.com said...

Congrats! I made a job change to one where boredome was no more and busy days are a regular...which makes the days fly by!