Sunday, January 16, 2011

I'm here, I really am!

Blogger has been a pain for me lately, but I've been trying to write.  Ugh.  Sigh.

I had my last half-day of work at the old job on Friday.  No long good-byes, no tears, just a clean cut.  I am getting very excited for my first day at the new job on Tuesday.  I've also been enjoying a long three-and-a half-day weekend!

Friday afternoon was a whirlwind.  I ran a bunch of errands, cleaned like crazy, and even whipped up some homemade mac and cheese for dinner before The Man went to a soccer game and a guys' night event with some old friends.  We were up late-ish, but I got a ton of reading done, plus a pseudo-mani/pedi after a long, hot shower.

Saturday was busy.  We went out to lunch in Beaverton with one of my college roommates and her husband.  We shopped until we dropped at Washington Square and Bridgeport Village.  I got two button-down shirts with full-length sleeves!  They do have the modified neckline rather than being a full oxford collar, but it's not too bad.  The french cuffs are slightly annoying.  I may have to modify those.  We also drove all over Beaverton before we found Uwajimaya where we ended up buying ourselves and my sister and brother-in-law some really cute rice bowls.  The Man also found some good oolong tea (we can only find one brand in tea bags in Corvallis).  We went out to dinner and then visited with The Man's brother until late.  Then we drove toward home, stopping at my sister's to drop off their gifts and chat a minute.  We got home around 11pm.

Sunday?  Stay home and rest?  Oh no.  We drove up to McMinnville for an "ice cream social" for The Man's family.  We had splendid ice cream sundaes complete with M&Ms, nuts, sprinkles, chocolate chips, syrups and oozies galore, and cherries on top.  Except I didn't eat any cherries and The Man had five.  At least.  We also stopped at a craft store, had dinner, and finally got home around 5:30pm.  

This evening, I (with help) installed two new sticks of RAM in my computer (from 1G to 2G now!).  I culled out a bunch of files I thought were jamming up the works, but I don't know if I've seen any improvement yet.  At least Chrome only takes 10 seconds to load Gmail instead of the 55 seconds it used to take...

I keep promising myself I'm going to make banana bread this weekend, but that means I have to be home for an hour or two.  Maybe tomorrow... maybe tomorrow...

1 comment:

cm0978 said...

Chuck is making pumpkin pie tonight (thus doubling his dessert recipes). And the bathroom got painted! Yippee!