Friday, February 25, 2011

Ack, Another Cold

I'm working my way into a second cold of the winter.  One a year is bad enough.  Thankfully it snowed hard enough yesterday that I didn't have to be at work.  The delayed start today allowed me to get some extra rest, too.  I'm chugging fluids like they're going out of style, and I've finally found a decongestant that doesn't treat symptoms I don't have.  I'm about to magnetize myself with all of the zinc in my system (if only zinc was magnetic!).  And I can't really hunker down and snuggle in much more than I am tonight.

The condensation on the windows was atrocious yesterday and today.  I have wiped them out a few times.  Next I think I'll try pointing a fan at the window to see if air movement helps at all.  Maybe some of the water will evaporate out anyway.  More heat in the apartment should hold water in the air better, too.  We've been hovering around 62° inside, so maybe five or ten more degrees will keep the moisture condensing to a minimum.

If nothing else, at least I'm just wiping out water.  I haven't seen any indications of new mold growth.  Looking forward to warmer days this coming week, partly for my own comfort, and partly just to dry out my windows.

Off to quilt and rest.  Oh, and make a card.  I gotta remember to do that tonight.  Ugh.

No comments: