Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lunches from the Past

The Man and I were recently discussing some tea mug thingy we found in the store one time and didn't buy when we had it in our hands--stupid us, now we can't find it in stores.  I found it online today made by Aladdin.

That one word, Aladdin, took me back to my childhood.  I carried an Aladdin-brand lunch box to school every day through grade school.  Tonight, I shared the recollection with The Man, a short memory of the red Mickey Mouse lunch box and thermos.  He told me he took an Aladdin lunch box to school every day, too.

So we set out on a quest to find pictures of our long-lost lunch boxes to show each other.  And you know what?  I could only find my thermos.  He could only find his box.

Both of us would just about keel over if someone handed those childhood treasures to us today.

2 comments:

cm0978 said...

I completely forgot what his lunchbox looked like. I remember mine in third grade -- it was a red plaid. That's the only one I remember. One of the other girls had the lunchbox that was a yellow bus -- a classic.

Jules said...

yes! We had Snoopy, with a blue thermos. I think we still have the thermos!