Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Zombified

I need sleep.  I don't know if it's the weather or some sort of full moon thing happening, but I haven't slept well for almost a week.  The little critters upstairs stomping everywhere can't be to blame, although I've pretty much had it with them in the evenings.  I'm going to bed around 11:00pm each night, and I don't have to get up until after 7:00am, so I have an opportunity for eight solid hours of sleep.  Many adults can only dream of getting eight hours of sleep.

Last night, I curled up in bed and was wide awake.  I felt like crap, not flu-like or anything, just really blah.  I tossed and turned for hours.  The Man has a habit of flopping over rather than rolling, so his jarring keeps me up sometimes.  Also, it's too warm for my electric blanket now, but not warm enough to not have it.  I get cold or too warm and can't sleep, and that's a vicious cycle.  Plus it's light in our bedroom by 6:00am now, so I'm losing at least that last hour to the sun.  We tried curtains, but they blocked too much moisture near the windows (sleep versus mold? mold wins).  I might try some lighter curtains, but I'm not sure if they'll do anything.  We already have blinds.  It's still too bright for sleep though.  I can always break out my eye mask.

Maybe, after watching all of these old Deadliest Catch episodes this week, I'm channeling my inner sleepless crabber.  Ha.

If I'm not out by 11:00pm tonight, I'm hitting up the Benadryl.  'Pink pony' dreams for me!

No comments: