Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fat Head

One of my favorite documentaries is SuperSize Me, produced by Morgan Spurlock.  I've been a fan of his for quite some time, especially his FX Network show 30 Days.  Last night I watched another documentary, Fat Head, that sought to disprove the myth that fast food is unhealthy.  The producer essentially undid Spurlock's documentary.

That sort of rubbed me the wrong way.  Nobody messes with my favorite writers, directors, or producers.  Well... until about an hour later when I learned the rest of the story.

You need to watch this documentary.  It will completely change the way you think about food.  It will change how you view the USDA.  It will make you think about how food science is conducted by researchers (and how to follow the money).  It will also help you realize that a low-carb (not no-carb) diet in combination with regular exercise is how humans were designed--or how we evolved--whichever story you prefer.

The documentary is available on Netflix Instant Watch.  You can also read a related New York Times article in full here.  There are a few YouTube clips from the documentary on this blog that are worth watching if you don't have Netflix.

My final take-way message from the documentary: all things in moderation.

No comments: