Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mega Ow

Sunday was so nice.  We had a fantastic brunch with both sets of our parents up at The Man's parents' house.  Everyone ate lots and seemed to really enjoy the food (yay!).  We even had plenty of leftovers to munch on for the next few days.  Sunday evening, though, I sensed a humdinger of a headache building.  So rare is it that one doesn't go away after a full night of sleeping, but I woke up Monday with mine still clinging on.  As much as I enjoy my job, I just wasn't up to staring at a bright computer screen all day without a pounding head.  Thus, I spent most of Monday flat on the couch.

And since I barely moved all day yesterday, I developed a stupendously painful muscle spasm in my lower back.  Not my first rodeo with muscle spasms, but I certainly hoped I wouldn't get another one.  My father has had several, and The Man recently went through this.  It's pretty common and will go away in the next few days.  I just have to relax and try not to move much.  Heat and Aleve will work their magic this evening, and I should be able to sleep pretty well tonight (unlike last night, ow!).

Never take for granted the ability to sit on a toilet seat without assistance.  The same could be said for getting up off a couch or jumping into bed or driving a car.  I never knew I had that particular muscle, but really? I could have gone my whole life without feeling what I'm currently experiencing and been just fine, thanks.

No comments: