Monday, June 27, 2011

Death to Pollen

Between Benadryl, Zyrtec, and Singulair this weekend, The Man and I wheezed and sneezed until we were exhausted.  His allergies kicked in a bit harder since I've been on my meds for months now.  We've been forced to keep our apartment windows open lest the inside temp spikes into the eighties.  By blowing the fans outside rather than sucking cooler air in, we keep most of the pollen to a minimum.  I think it was in the upper seventies when I went to bed last night inside, far too warm for good sleep.

Aside from hoarding Kleenexes (unopened boxes, not the used tissues, eew), we did manage to have a pretty good weekend.  I had Friday off as a furlough day.  Though I did go down with a migraine in the afternoon, I was able to get some good old-school computer gaming done.  We went out to dinner, just a quick trip to Burger King, but it was super fresh for once.  The food was a great pick-me-up after feeling icky for hours.

Saturday was an adventure.  We were supposed to go Geocaching, but our allergies kept us mostly inside.  I ventured out into new craft stores I'd never been in.  We ended up going into Mt. Angel for mass that evening and then to the Glockenspiel for dinner with The Man's parents and brother.  Spaetzle and hazelnut schnitzel kept me full late into the night.  Delicious, wonderful dinner.  Too bad that kind of food isn't The Man's favorite, because I could live on sausage and spaetzle and butter-fried chicken.  It's just comfort food to me!

Sunday was quiet.  We got up late, ran a few errands, and dinked around until the afternoon.  I managed to update my shabby blog into a color explosion between making cake pops and dinner.  And I'm working hard at updating the "pages" to my blog today and tomorrow, so look for those up above.

Now you'll have to excuse me as I have to go steal the last box of Kleenex from The Man.  It's war.

1 comment:

cm0978 said...

I like all your subtitles. I think if you put some pizzazz in The Adventures... I would vote for that. You know us critics -- we don't have any actual suggestions on what specifically you should do. :) As to the Kleenex -- all's fair in sneezin' and wheezin'.