Friday, June 03, 2011

Still Kicking

Thankfully our apartment complex successfully fixed our chirping smoke detector yesterday.  I don't know how much longer I would have survived.

We've been busy lately.  The Man has been working until at least 7pm every night, more often 8pm or later.  I get frustrated since I don't know when to start dinner so that we can eat together and still have hot food, so we've been eating out more than we should.  What is should or shouldn't anyway?

Since he's been home later recently and I'm currently without a quilt to work on (a nice break), I've been playing our newest video game, L.A. Noire.  I'm already past the point where we'd played our game together, so I'm seeing new stuff now without having had The Man play through the scenes already.  It's quite a bit more challenging, but I have to use my noggin more also.  I have pretty good intuition and can usually tell a lie from the truth, but I'm still a horrible driver in the game.  I try to make it so my partner drives us to the next crime scene or location if I can.  In scenes where my character has to chase criminals on foot, I am not bad.  In the car chase scenes, I'm a disaster.  It's weird, too, since I'm fantastic at Mario Kart.  Boo.

No big exciting weekend plans for us.  I may be buying fabric for my next project, or I might not.  We talked about going to the coast on Saturday, but, of course, we might not.  Chores to do, video games to win, food to make.  And two beautiful days off.  I love weekends.

No comments: