Wednesday, October 12, 2011

TED: Trusting the Ensemble

Sometimes on my lunch hour at work, I sit in my office and watch TED talks. TED is a sort of recurring event in which people can present their innovative, intriguing, or inspiring ideas. Their tagline is "ideas worth spreading." Some talks are definitely more exciting or applicable than others, but all of the talks are worthwhile in some capacity. I've been interested in TED talks and learning more about the subjects for probably a good year now.

Today, I found this TED talk. It's by Charles Hazlewood, an orchestra conductor, and he discusses how trust plays a role in group environments. Having myself conducted before, I completely related to what he was saying. It was a fascinating talk, especially at the very end (which I won't spoil for you).

When you get 20 minutes to sit and watch this, take another five or six to really let it sink in. How can you apply this type of trust elsewhere in your life?

No comments: