Monday, October 10, 2011

TV-holics Anonymous

Hi, my name is Jaggy, and I enjoy watching TV.  A lot.  Like, "too much" according to some people.  But I don't really think it would be fair to call me "addicted" as I don't need to watch TV in order to live.  I just enjoy the downtime, having my mind focused on something else for an hour or two each day.

The other part about my TV habits?  I craft.  I'm always busy when I'm watching TV.  Unless it is a currently-airing favorite show, I have either a quilt on my lap to sew or paper to fold or something that keeps my hands busy and my mind off the annoying commercials.  So it's not like I'm glued to the TV set.  It's entertainment while my fingers work.

This weekend, I mentally counted all of the TV shows I've watched over the years.  After running out of room on my internal list, I decided to write all of this down.  I know I'm forgetting some shows, but those listed are the shows I've definitely watched at length.  I didn't include any miniseries or this list would be even longer.  Also, this list doesn't include shows I've seen from time to time like Dual Survival or Oregon Field Guide or *gasp* Toddlers and Tiaras.  I'm certainly familiar with hundreds more shows, but the ones listed are the ones I made a point to watch.

You can look at the full list on my Pinterest page.

1 comment:

MissKris said...

Oy. A TV fan I'm not and never have been. Once in a while I get to the episodes of "House Hunters" and "House Hunters International" that I have taped on my DVR but other than the PBS shows the grandkids watch thru the day, I could leave the TV off and never miss it. As a kid I was very active and outside playing most of the time. And older, I used to read and write. But we all have our individual ways of relaxing, don't we? For Dear Hubby, it's target shooting his longbow out in the garage! :-)