Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Sheets Snob

I'll admit it, I am a total snob when it comes to sheets.  My mother taught me well.  Never buy less than 300-thread-count sheets.  Never buy less than 5oz flannel.  Never buy sateen.  These are easy rules to live by, easy to follow, easy to understand.

But finding 300tc or 5oz or non-sateen sheets isn't always easy on my budget!

The Man and I got very lucky and found some 600tc sheets at Ross that actually fit our bed over the summer.  They were off-white, which I don't really like, but they were good sheets.  Now that it's cooler at night, we want our flannel.  I should say, we want our flannel.  We love flannel sheets.  Love.

But the $120 set from The Company Store?  Fuggedaboutit.  L.L. Bean has some nice ones for about $90.  Eddie Bauer's prices are ridiculous lately, so I didn't even bother with them.  Target, Kohl's, Fred Meyer, and other stores don't sell sheets by weight, and you never, never, never buy flannel sheets without an ounce-weight.

So when we were in Bed, Bath, and Beyond this weekend looking at sheets, I was absolutely floored to see 6oz flannel sheets for $70.  That's... like... unheard of!  Both a weight and a low price!  We quickly picked out a nice green color, paid for them, took them home, washed them, threw them on the bed, and waited impatiently until bedtime.

Let me just say this: two nights in, and I have yet to wake up in the middle of the night either cold, too hot, or uncomfortable.  They are perfect.  They are snuggly warm perfection.

Love.

No comments: