Saturday, December 17, 2011

Movies Movies Everywhere

The Man and I actually went out to see a movie last night, the first movie date we've had since just after we got married two years ago.  We saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie and enjoyed it very much.  Good plot, excellent acting, great stunts.  We get disappointed when films don't get gun fights accurate, so that was a bit of a downer (unlimited bullets, perfectly aimed long range weapons, and using weapons that didn't exist at the time).  On the whole, though, it was a great experience.  The theater was packed for opening night, and we got lucky to be in a good-humored crowd.

During the previews, they showed a trailer for Red Tails, a biopic of the Tuskeegee Airmen.  I learned about these heroes a long, long time ago from my dad, and I've thought for years a good tribute ought to be paid to them.  Finally one has been cast, so I'm hoping it is appropriate.  The airmen changed the war, provided the best air support during the war, and were barely recognized for it, so I'm very thankful the movie is coming out.  It's about damn time.

I think we'll be going out to the movies more often.

No comments: