Sunday, January 08, 2012

Photo Shoot with the Randomaestro


My sister came over this weekend for a photo shoot.  I took her out to Avery Park and took some pictures in the cold.  We had to work fast so that our noses didn't turn red!  She was very happy to pose for me, and I was thankful to have a subject willing to be patient as I swapped filters, adjusted my camera between every shot, and tinkered to get the photo just how I wanted it.

The second picture of her was taken back at home.  I don't have a studio by any means, so we had to be clever with household lamps for lighting and The Man's blue snuggly fleece blanket as our neutral navy blue background.  Total cost was zero, though, and everything could be returned to its proper place to be used elsewhere in my tiny apartment.  I was very pleased with the outcome.  Being able to experiment like this really helps me grow as a photographer, and she gets free photos that look pretty good.


I don't know if I really have a "style" as a photographer yet.  My usual attempts are less artsy and more natural, especially when it comes to people.  I don't feel I have a right to improve upon what God has created (aside from very small corrections and touch-ups).  I don't use Photoshop.  What the camera sees is pretty much what you get with my photography.

I guess that means my sister is absolutely gorgeous! :)

If anyone else in the Corvallis area wants to be patient with me, I can always use more practice.


No comments: