Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Mended

The Man and I are finally over the plague, or whatever it was that had us sick for a full week.  We were able to spend some quality time with both of our parents on Saturday.  My mom's birthday was fun: we went out for lunch, then popped back home for some very yummy homemade cake and ice cream.  After that, The Man's parents came down and took us out to dinner.  Yay for a whole day of not having to cook!

With both of us sick last week, we did a lot more eating out than usual.  Neither of us needed or wanted to be in the kitchen, so almost every night found us at another local dive.  We are so lucky to be able to eat out like that if only for a week.  It was a lifesaver for me to not have to worry about cooking.

Sunday was also fun.  My sister, her hubby, The Man, and I went out to see a movie and then out to dinner one last time before I got back in the kitchen.  We played cards for a while and had a nice visit before they left. I don't think we got two moments of down time this weekend.

I'm back, healthy, and ready to cook! and blog! and be part of the vertical world once again.  Tonight will find me cranking out four dozen tortillas for a fundraiser at work this week.  I also need to get chicken in the crock pot so it can cook while I'm at work tomorrow.  We're having a taco feed to benefit a local food bank, and I volunteered to make the tortillas and chicken.  (That way I have some "safe" meat to eat, because, well, no, I don't trust other people's kitchens or their food handling "skills.")

Tomorrow night might be busy, or it might be relaxed.  Or both.  Thursday night includes more quilting.  I haven't made much progress on the Big Purple Quilt lately, so I need to get crankin' on that.  Plus I bought some minky fabric and flannel for a new blanky for me, so there's time I need to spend there.

I'm glad we're both mended.  It feels good to be up again.

No comments: