Saturday, February 25, 2012

Milestones and Reunions

The Man has returned from Seattle for the second week in a row.  He went north last week for four days and this week for five days, so I'm almost used to being a single lady again.  I looked forward to his return from this second trip for several weeks, dreading the idea of sleeping alone just one more night.

Though I am incredibly independent, I just like having him here when I'm sleeping.  Except when he flails and hits my face with his elbow.  I don't really like that.

We've had a long week apart.  I was using his car the last couple weeks while my car sat with a funky tire.  I finally took my poor car to the shop on Friday and got four new tires and new CV boots put on, so now my car runs sooooooo much better.  My wallet is also a lot lighter, but I know these things need to be done.  Ouch and oh well.

As nice and fancy as The Man's car is compared to mine (same make and model, just sixteen years newer), I still love the feel and sound of my car over his.  All of his electronics are whirring and chirping and smooth.  My older car makes vroom noises and clicks and does what you tell it without having to think about what you want it to do.  The just don't make 'em like they used to...

The Man's mom came down last night for a date with me since I was home alone for so long.  We went out to dinner and then played games for a long time.  I had a very nice time talking and sharing.

Also on Friday, since I took the day off, I set out to accomplish some serious progress on my quilt.  I have reduced 2500 pieces down to about 250.  All of my triangle strips are sewn.  I am very, very, very happy to be done sewing triangles to other triangles.  I have about 650 seams left to put in before the top is completely finished, so there's lots of work to be done still.  Hitting this milestone was a huge step.  I'm taking at least a day off from working now.

Oh, and Thin Mints blended with ice cream?  Best. Milkshake. Ever.

1 comment:

cm0978 said...

Let's play Mastermind again -- I am determined to be better if you can be patient!