Monday, March 12, 2012

Time Change Woes

My quiet weekend at home turned into a bit more than I bargained for.  On Saturday, The Man and I ran errands for much of the morning.  We filled up both cars with gas (ouch), and we did our grocery shopping for two weeks.  I found a great deal on hamburger, so we asked my parents if they'd make homemade burgers for us if we took the meat to them.  They agreed.  We hung out there for a while and watched a comedy show on Netflix.  We should have gotten to bed earlier, but the time change really didn't sink in early enough this time.  We were up too late and then got up late on Sunday.  Sleeping in was nice, but it made going to sleep that much more difficult Sunday night.

My sister and brother-in-law came over around noon and spent the day with us.  The guys played video games, and my sister and I ran errands all over town.  It was a very errand-y weekend.

I've put my determined-to-finish-this-quilt face on this week.  I won't finish it this week, but the determined face is on.  Must make progress.  I need to push through this most difficult part to find the light at the end of the tunnel.

I got a new cookbook this weekend with a ton of great slow cooker / crock pot recipes in it.  Even though we're moving out of winter and into spring, I still want to use the crock pot.  I have no qualms about eating soup mid-summer.  Mostly I just like getting home and not having to cook anything since it is already ready to eat.  The Man is even willing to try some of the recipes from this new book, so that is encouraging.

Early to bed for me tonight.  The spring time change always tosses me for a loop.  I'm in favor of just doing without this whole time change mess.  Ridiculous.

No comments: