Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Non-Stop Go Go Go

My week started off with a dentist appointment.  Not exactly my happiest moment of the week.  But they didn't find any new cavities or problems, so that's good.  Doesn't make up for the fact that I still have to go back next week and get some old fillings replaced and some more not-covered-by-insurance stuff done.  Yay.

We went to Portland last weekend to go shopping and out to lunch with my parents.  It was a nice trip up and back.  Thankfully we missed the worst of the traffic.  I bought my most-expensive-ever eyeshadow, a whopping $18 for one color *cough, choke, gasp,* but it is so incredibly pigmented that it will probably last at least ten years.  I researched the color online quite a bit before I decided to go get it, and the reviews were stellar.  Urban Decay's Roach eyeshadow is the perfect color on my porcelain skin.  It matches my freckles and gives my hazel eyes the pop I can't achieve with any other color.  I don't need to wear highlighters and smokey colors and eye liner or anything else with this color.  I know, it's a lot of money.  But I promise this is the only shadow I'm buying at that price, and it is seriously gorgeous.

I read a book in under twenty-four hours this weekend as well.  I snagged Escape by Carolyn Jessop on my Kindle and could not put it down.  Want a gut-punch about the reality of polygamy?  She shares her incredible story that is beyond what my mind can understand.  I had to keep reminding myself that she doesn't come from another time or place, she's alive now and her kids are younger than I am.  Talk about survival!

My evenings this week have been filled with preparations for a short vacation this coming weekend.  We're headed out of town for a couple nights, so I definitely won't post anything then.  Sorry for a complete lack of posts recently, but I have been burning the candle at both ends.

Allow me to put it this way: I made a double-batch of homemade tortillas last night in forty minutes.  It usually takes me an hour or more for that amount.  Yeah.  I was crankin'.  My whole life has been like that lately.  Glad to be getting out of the house for a few days!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.
In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made
good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.
Here is my homepage ; dentist atlanta