Monday, June 25, 2012

The Grotto: Take Two

The Man and I went to Portland last weekend to help his mother celebrate her birthday.  We went shopping in the Sellwood District, went to lunch in Clackamas, and then we out to The Grotto in east Portland.  Shopping was fun enough as we discovered some new shops and learned a bit.  The weather was more like a winter day than a summer one, but the warm rain didn't go unappreciated as we are not hot weather people.  We only got sprinkled on once or twice.


The Man's mom had a great idea to go to The Grotto.  I haven't been there since 2009, and I didn't have my current (awesome) camera then, so it was a huge treat to visit such a quiet place in the city during the summer.  I was able to take some really good photographs of the roses in full bloom, and even the statues were beautifully framed by greenery.  I couldn't have asked for a better day to have my camera with me.


(Click on the pictures to enlarge.  I don't know what any of the flowers are called except "rose" or "not rose."  Yes, I know some of the flowers are wet: we missed a rain shower by [presses finger and thumb together] this much.)






No comments: