Tuesday, August 28, 2012

One Room Down, Eight to Go

Well, we've been in our new house for eleven nights, and I only have one small room painted.  I feel so lazy and unproductive.

On the other hand, I have another room entirely primed and ready for a thick layer of paint (no lectures, trust me, this has to go on pretty thick).  I hung custom (homemade!) curtains in the living room, a whopping twelve yards of fabric.  We have unpacked just about every box and found a place for nearly all of our belongings.  I have a pull-out garbage can on rails under one cabinet that had to be installed.  Our custom and self-designed moving announcements went out just one week after we moved.  We put up an American flag on the front of our house this weekend, and we even put a solar-powered spotlight on it for at night.  The Man selected six solar-powered yard lights that light the pathway to our front door in the dark.  We now have Costco cards for the first time in our lives.  We transferred all of our utilities, other bills, and many other important contacts (doctors, church, work, etc.) to our new address.  We both have found the soaker tub to be working satisfactorily.  And I am starting to get used to cooking on a gas range again.

Oh, and we entertained guests on both Saturday and Sunday.

So yeah.

I have fallen into bed completely exhausted every day since we moved.  My knees and back ache, my hands are sore, and my legs are tired from all of this walking around a huge house as I do my many chores.  I know there's a light at the end of this tunnel, but for the life of me, I just can't seem to see it.

1 comment:

cm0978 said...

Maybe you need to get more lights :) Great job -- I can't wait to see all the work you have done since you moved in.