Friday, August 10, 2012

We're Not Closing Early

The Man and I have learned that we won't be closing early on our new house.  While I was initially disappointed, I reminded myself that we're still closing on time.  It feels like forever until we get the keys!  Six days and counting...

We picked out our paint colors earlier this week.  Pretty much the entire house will need to be repainted on the inside.  While I absolutely cannot stand the bright blue in the bedrooms and the nauseating teal in the bathrooms, I've agreed to keep the green in the hallways.  That will saves us a little bit of painting.  You can go to Behr's website to see the colors we're considering: Burnished Metal in the office and master bedroom, Green Tea in the hallways and entry way, and either Hazelnut Cream or Ivory Mist in the living room and kitchen.  Paint colors crack me up, "ivory mist."  I'm going to start calling it "just normal off-white."  The burnished metal color? light grey.  Hazelnut cream color? tan.  Ugh.  We're going with a color Behr refers to as "Classic White" for all of the trim, doors, ceilings, and bathrooms.  I call that color "no color added, just-off-the-damn-shelf-white."  I mean this in all of the teenage eye-rolling I can muster: what-ev-er.

Between boxing stuff up and still trying to live, we're existing out of suitcases for the next few days.  Our brand new washer and dryer are being delivered to our house on Friday, so I'm even holding out on laundry.  Unless it stinks, or we need it, I'm doing my last loads of laundry in our apartment's crappy machines on Sunday.

Our apartment complex is making our move-out way more of a hassle than it needs to be.  I will be so glad to get away from the intelligence vacuum they have going on in the office there and the oxygen-deprived maintenance crew.  Let me put it this way: they're charging me to clean our apartment even if I already cleaned it.  Want to know how motivated I am to clean right now?

No comments: