Friday, November 02, 2012

Random Questions XVI

Holy cow, it has been over two years since I last posted any random questions and answers!  I'm long, long overdue.  After some hunting, I found some new questions.  Enjoy!

Do you like fish sticks?
I will eat them, but I much prefer fish filets.  The Man taught me to eat fish sticks over white rice, and while I thought that was an abomination at first, I've come to really appreciate his bachelor food concoctions.

What is your favorite cereal?
Frosted Mini-Wheats or PB Cap'n Crunch

What kind/brand of deodorant do you use?
Ban, the green thing with the purple stripe, unless they changed the packaging again, in which case I'm going to be mad when I go to the store next time.  I swear they change it every time I buy any.

What is your favorite mythical creature?
Bigfoot.  Think about it: all of the other mythical creatures are dangerous or weird abominations of half-man-half-something.  Nobody, in the history of the whole world, has ever been proven to have died at the hands of Bigfoot.  I think, therefore, that Bigfoot is probably a romantic at heart.  I don't think I'd make friends with Bigfoot if I met him, but I'll take my chances.

What is your favorite cheese?
As an Oregonian, it is my duty to declare my solemn allegiance to Tillamook Cheddar.  But when I'm not loving my way through a Baby Loaf, I do enjoy havarti cheese, especially the Danish stuff.

How do you eat your eggs?
I don't eat eggs by themselves.  They're fine in things like cake and breading, but apparently I am allergic to eggs by themselves.  My body will not tolerate scrambled eggs.  The fake eggs are okay scrambled, and I make a mean overeasy egg, but none for me, thanks.

What would you do if you were the opposite sex for a day?
After thoroughly investigating my new plumbing and assessing its ability to function as designed, I'd probably write my name in the snow.  I would stand while peeing throughout the day.  I would enjoy not waiting in lines at restrooms and utilize that spare time to adjust myself in public.  I would have a guys' night and learn what it is that men do at those things.  I would sleep on my stomach without boobs to get in my way.  I would belch and pass gas without worrying if it was ladylike.  I really do think men have it easier...

What is the nerdiest thing you do in your spare time?
Since cooking isn't nerdy, housework and paperwork are necessary, and quilting is more of a hobby, I'm going with blogging.  That's pretty nerdy.  I also read.  A lot.  Nerd.

Do you prefer Wheat Thins or Triscuits?
Going with Wheat Thins on that one.

Do you face the showerhead or away from it while showering?
I face all different directions, but I think I'm mostly facing away from the stream of water.  The best part of my shower every day is that first moment when I tip my head back and get my hair wet for the first time.  Hot, hot water... oh, that is the best part of my day sometimes.

What is the oldest thing in your refrigerator?
Tabasco sauce, I think.  I have a good turnover of refrigerator items.

What is your favorite breed of dog? cat?
Dog: Vizsla or American Labrador Retriever, but the Australian Shepherds or Huskies are close.  Cat: Bengal, Egyptian Mau, or plain ol' tabby cat.  Shorthaired, please, and no smushed faces!

How are your survival skills?
I'd like to think I'd do pretty well left to my own devices in Oregon.  I'm still learning about plants here, but I'm comfortable with my ability to find water, make shelter, and defend myself using found or improvised items.  Don't want to try it, but I have confidence.

Do you prefer tacos or muffins?
Oooh, tough!  I like both pretty well and dislike the extremes of both just as much.  I'm going with a muffin simply because sugar can cover a multitude of crap, but tacos really need to stand on their own.

Can you play any instruments?
Yes, I can.  I can even play one rather well.  I have played several instruments, some with more success than others (piccolos are not as much fun as they look).  The piano has a very special spot in my heart.

What is the most overrated exercise in your opinion?
All exercise?  Oh, just one, sorry.  Uh, lunges.  I particularly dislike lunges.  My knees don't do that motion.  Also, just the name sounds painful.  Lunge!  No.  No thanks.  I'll push up or sit up or generally do anything that involves a useful motion.

Do you prefer waffles or pancakes?
Waffles.  I like pancakes, but I looooove waffles.  Crispy ones.  With peanut butter and maple syrup--especially the crappy syrup from that missus ladybottle.

What is the grossest thing you've ever eaten?
Mustard.  I get it by accident sometimes when the burger joint doesn't hear "DRY burger, dammit!"  Also, sushi: vommitus maximus.

Who is/was the most influential person in your life (besides parents/Jesus)?
Easily, my husband has the most influence on my life at this point.  I think my sister would be high on that list as well.  My grandmothers would also make the top five.

Do you prefer breakfast or dinner?
Breakfast, since I actually like most breakfast food.  Dinner is so overrated.

No comments: