Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm a Millionnaire

When I started this blog over seven years ago, I was really hoping someone other than myself would find it interesting.  I have always loved writing, and having a little corner of the Internet to myself seemed like a nice idea.  I could only dream of the day when my stat counter would cross from two digits to three.  As I continued to write, the notion of a million visitors was such a pipe dream.  I knew the day would come, but I figured I'd be an old lady by then.  I'm thrilled to have gotten here a bit sooner.

Dear reader, the fact that you are here means the world to me.  I haven't achieved one million hits by writing an epic tale or getting lucky with a clever story.  I write about me.  And you, you come here to read me.  I am somewhat in shock, entirely humbled, and positively beaming today.

I don't know what it feels like to win the lottery, but I imagine it feels something like this.

Thank you all so very much.

1 comment:

Lockwood said...

Congratulations! I'm a bit confused by those counter thingies. Sitemeter says I have a bit few than 600K, but Google stats says I have nearly 1.4M. What gives. (I'll go with Google, thank-you very much)And "having a little corner of the Internet to myself seemed like a nice idea." Yes, that.