Thursday, February 07, 2013

Putting Out the Other End of the Candle

The Man and I have made more of an effort lately to be less busy.  We've found ourselves sprinting home from work most nights to feed the cats, and then we run out again to do something until late at night.  In the last month, I think I've been able to go home, make dinner, and flop on the couch with nothing pressing me back up only once.

Earlier this week, The Man and I sat down and filed our taxes.  We look forward to it every year.  Crazy, probably, but we both enjoy the number crunching and seeing what our refund--if any--will be.  As usual, we owe the state.  Thankfully our federal refund is slightly more, so at least we aren't out much.  If it wasn't for our mortgage interest, we'd owe both.  Good thing we bought a house, eh?

Our little kittens are growing so fast.  They are now large enough to be considered livestock, and I have a mind to harness them up to plow our garden this summer (note sarcasm: I don't advocate cruelty to animals).  They are six months old this week, and I think they're close to six pounds as well.  I had no idea just how much I could fall in love with two kittens, and I know we're both thankful now to have pets.

It is starting to become light out earlier now as we move through the winter into spring.  I am not liking the light peeking through the curtains in the morning, and I think we're going to need thicker curtains to block the light as we get into summer.  I have to finish a quilt before I can free up my sewing machine to make the curtains, though, so it might be a few more weeks of earlier and earlier mornings.

Speaking of a quilt, I must keep pushing on.  I've pulled muscles, stuck fingers on pins, and ground my teeth to nubs making this quilt, but I'm so close.

1 comment:

cm0978 said...

Pictures please! Of the livestock and the quilt -- so interested in how everything looks. I feel for you about the busy schedule. I've added leading a small group Bible study every Monday night during Lent -- that's what I get for feeling guilty that only 1 guy signed up to lead...