Thursday, March 14, 2013

Introducing: Lost Little Lutheran

As with any situation in which you open yourself up to judgment from others, blogging for the first time can be frightening.  I was able to witness this journey as an outsider recently, and I could be more excited to watch someone I know go through the growing pains of life as a new blogger.

My real-life family and friends are probably familiar with my best friend, but for the readers out there, I'd like to introduce Matthew.  He and I grew up together.  We were in the same classes from grade school through high school, and our houses were essentially next door to each other.  We were in band together, in labs and groups together, and hung out together after school.  Even now, both of us married to other people, we're still best friends.  To all the naysayers out there that claim that boys and girls can't be just friends, well, sorry, don't know what to tell ya.

On top of being a generally great person, Matthew has been super busy lately!  He and his wife had a baby a few months ago.  He works in a regular job during the day, teaches piano lessons in the evening, and still finds time to attend seminary classes at George Fox University for a masters degree in divinity (M.Div).  Oh, and he's also a youth pastor at his church.  That's holy cow busy!  How he'll manage blogging on top of that, I have no clue, but he has thrown himself into sharing his life and beliefs on a blog, and I'll do whatever I can to support his new adventure.

Now before you go thinking that he and I are on the same page with our faith or that I'm only promoting his blog because we share beliefs, I'll stop you.  We don't.  We have probably never agreed about anything religious.  Despite our Protestant-Catholic divide (in which he's the lost Protestant heathen and I'm the Protestant-turned-Catholic saint--har har), I do, however, endorse his attempt to share and open lines of communication between people.  That sharing, and especially the opening of our hearts and minds, is really at the core of both of our blogs.  I hope you will participate with us.

I don't ask much of my readers, so I don't feel guilty making a request of you today: go, read, and comment. Nothing makes a blogger feel better than getting a thoughtful comment (or even just an "I agree").  Help him feel welcome.  Thanks!

Matthew's blog: Lost Little Lutheran

1 comment:

cm0978 said...

I think he will do a great job with his blog! He has some deep things to discuss and I wish him luck.