Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Such a Rebel

I've been participating in some rebellious behavior lately, and I have to say, I could get used to this.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  I've made them countless times, enough to have the recipe memorized.  Everything was going according to plan until I got to the chocolate chips.  I usually only put in a half-bag of semi-sweet chips, but this time I put the whole bag in.  You heard me right, I doubled the chocolate chips in a normal batch of oatmeal cookies.  I violated the recipe in favor of a gluttonous load of sweetness.  And then I had to eat them.  Rebelling all the more, I taste-tested two cookies instead of just one.  After they cooled properly and I'd eaten a meal, I had to resample to confirm that nothing had changed with such a heavy chocolate chip to oatmeal ratio.  And oatmeal is healthy, right?  By the end of the day, with the help of my sister and The Man, four dozen cookies had been reduced to just over two dozen.

(Apparently I need to be a rebel more often.)

2 comments:

cm0978 said...

I..am..now..drooling on my keyboard.

Anonymous said...

Our mom always shorted the cookies the same way - and I always gave her a bad time,as an adult, that we could have the whole bag in them and not have to stretch the chips like when we were little!! She knew I would always check to see how many she put in. So go ahead and put in the full bag - I'll have Kevin check!!!!!
Marilyn