Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Quilting Bug is Back

After nearly four months on a break from quilting, I think the bug is back.  I finished a mammoth king-sized quilt in March, and I quickly hid all forms of fabric and thread from myself.  I just couldn't bear to look at my sewing machine for one more second.  While the quilt turned out beautifully, I needed a break.  I needed to step back and assess what I want my next project to be.  The hiatus may be ending soon, and I'm on the hunt for a new project.  Not sure what it will be yet, but I have an itch that needs to be scratched.

Possible ideas for my next project include:
- Wall hangings/table runners like two I've already made
- Double-bed-sized quilt for my guest bed
- Queen-sized quilt for my own bed (ugh, again)
- Lap/couch quilt for the living room
- Baby quilts for... well... babies (mine? someday?)
- Quilts to gift to others (?)

I think I'm leaning toward one for the guest bed, but I have no idea what pattern I want to try.  I'm still on questionable terms with triangles, but I was so bored with squares from the last quilt, and I am not sure I'm ready for lots of curves, so I am sort of stalling to find the right quilt for that room.  I know I want it colorful and cheery, but I also want it gender neutral and calming.  Ugh! Choices!

The Bug is Back.

1 comment:

The Randomaestro said...

A quilt for your sister? Japanese themed. There's books out there on different designs/techniques. Something different?