Thursday, January 02, 2014

Christmas 2013 Recap

I haven't been very good at blogging recently with only one post in December.  It isn't that I haven't been doing things but rather that I've been doing a TON of things.

The Man and I celebrate Christmas four different times each December.  We have my extended family's gathering about a week before the holiday, my close family's gathering on Christmas Eve, The Man's close family on Christmas morning, and then his extended family's main event later that day.  With all of the events, gifts, and food, I think we have had plenty of "holiday" for a few years.


New Year's Eve was also spent with family, although we knocked off earlier than usual and made it home and to bed by 1:00am.  Yay for games and fun, but nay on messed up sleep schedules.  I'm getting too old for this.

Our Christmas decorations were slim this year, so they went up in an hour and came down just as quickly.  I didn't even put up a tree or much else, just some lights and our stockings (which had nothing in them because we're thirty, not three).

So with all the to-dos done and all of the festivities over with, The Man and I were thankful for a very quiet New Year's Day.  I am so excited for the holidays to arrive and so very glad to see them go.

1 comment:

Tippy said...

It didn't "feel" like Christmas this year. My husband and I were, and still are, strapped for cash and limited our gift giving to just the kids. We were surprised at how people reacted!

Decorations went up, but went down just as quickly here too. I hope 2014 brings you a renewed zest!