Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Blogging Hiatus 2014

Due to the insanity that is summer, I've taken a leave of absence from my blog.  Many events and changes this summer, so I haven't had a chance to write much.  I dearly miss writing, and I often think of little things to post, but I don't have a minute to write down those ideas.  Seriously.  How crazy has this summer been?
 We have:

- Been on vacation to Washington D.C. (see previous posts)
- Picked fifteen pounds of blueberries and froze them
- Watched all eight seasons of House
- Watched all six seasons of Royal Pains
- Purchased a Vitamix and made dozens of smoothies and fruity desserts
- Ripped out eleven large shrubs and millions of weeds
- Planted almost a hundred plants including twenty-five strawberry plants, more than a dozen ferns, ten heucheras, four hostas, four bleeding hearts, five penstemon, and an assortment of annuals that have already been killed and replaced
- Went to the Hop Festival / family reunion for The Man
- Made about ten cards, no pictures yet
- The Man participated in and I spectated at the Spartan Sprint in Washougal, Washington
- Taught one cat to walk on a leash (Annie is so good!  Eddie thinks we're nuts still)
- Short day trip to the coast, and I finally got my grown-up kite
- Paid off our car over a year early

We have both had significant changes at both of our jobs, but I don't blog about work so I'll just say that neither of us have been promoted despite both of us taking on more and more responsibility.  Yay. /sarcasm

Between seeing family and friends, trying to settle in at work, and doing/going/seeing on the weekends, we haven't had a moment of down time.

I'm trying to post more often on Twitter instead of feeling like I have to write whole stories here.  You can follow me there @jaggy732.  I may try to get a cross-poster up and running soon so my tweets appear here as well--we'll see.

In the mean time, sorry (not sorry) about the lack of updates here.

No comments: