Saturday, November 07, 2015

Blog Year Retrospective #10

Happy Blogiversary to me! I've been writing this blog for ten years. It's a stunning number as I don't think I've done anything this long.

Here's what ten years worth of statistics look like:
Total posts: 2,025
Total (approved) comments: 2,295
Total visitors: over 1,470,000
Average visitors per day: 402

Ten years ago, I was in my senior year of college, single, barely making it as a young adult, and about six months from moving back home. Since then, I've been a bit more successful. I've lived in two apartments and bought a house. I've dated and married. I've adopted two cats. I've changed jobs three times, been on vacations, celebrated milestones, discovered more of my true self, and chronicled it here on the blog.

The last ten years have been marked by big changes, sweeps of a huge paintbrush on the canvas of life. My tenth year has been a year of transitions, more like the fan brush as it whispers across, gently blurring the edges. In Bob Ross terms, my year has been one of happy trees.

As a result of of leaving full-time employment in May to become a full-time housewife, I've transitioned from a life of little joy to one of lightness. My life has gone from crazy, painful, and hopeless, to incredibly calm and peaceful. I have rediscovered my love of cooking and baking, and despite some smoke-alarming moments, I've done pretty well in the kitchen. Though not everything as a housewife is perfect, having to be disciplined on a tighter budget has made me a more frugal shopper, and I paid my last student loan payment, wiping that off almost two years early. I have transitioned into blogging less than I did previously, but that is in part due to my busier life, and in part because I post on Twitter and Instagram as well.

Ten years ago, I had no idea where I'd be, and I certainly had no idea I'd still be posting to this blog. I'm incredibly proud of the writing here, and I hope that others find joy in reading it as much as I enjoy writing.

Here's to transitions and ten wonderful years of blogging!

No comments: