Thursday, June 02, 2016

Random Questions XVIII

It has been so long since I did a meme on here, and I finally found one that I thought was fairly interesting. Some of these questions are super hard to answer, but they made me think, so here you go:

1. If you were a character from any short story or novel, who would you be?
Catherine Sager, On to Oregon by HonorĂ© Morrow (This is a book based on a true story. Catherine Sager was a real woman who, in real life, was a frequent correspondent with my ancestors.) If I have to pick a work of fiction, then I'd probably go with either LisBeth King from Stephanie Grace Whitson's Prairie Winds Series, or maybe a female version of Sam Gribley from My Side of the Mountain.

2. What is your favorite city in the world?
I am not a big traveler, but the prettiest city I've been to is probably Corvallis, Oregon. While there are many things wrong with Corvallis (its opposition to businesses, lack of decent shopping, and general snobby attitudes), the city itself is quite charming.

3. If you had a free fifteen minute shopping spree anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If I knew that everything I grabbed would fit perfectly, then either Columbia Sportswear or L.L. Bean. If I don't have the option of clothing fitting without trying it on (like in the real world), then I want fifteen minutes in Cabela's. I would get enough survival gear to last my family a lifetime.

4. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Italian food. Pasta. Meaty tomato sauce. Cheese. Perfection.

5. What is the most inappropriate thing you've ever said or worn?
I say so many inappropriate things that it isn't even worth it to remember all of them. The most inappropriate thing I've ever worn is easy: anything orange while walking in Eugene, Oregon. I'm lucky I didn't get shot.

6. What is your favorite TV show?
JAG. I've written about this before, and I am planning to write about my TV obsession again soon as I've recently found a third-favorite-all-time show. Objectively, I know that JAG wasn't a perfect show, but it means so much to me still that I keep it in first place.

7. What is your guilty pleasure?
I have no guilt over the things in which I take pleasure. But Diet Coke is my only vice, and TV and movies bring me great pleasure.

8. Who would you like to be trapped in an elevator with?
This would change so often as I want my answer to be whatever actor I'm currently binging (watching their entire body of work). Or someone like Survivorman--Les Stroud, so then I know I'm going to be okay.

9. What is something no one would ever expect about you?
I hate mood music. HATE. I can't stand music in stores, music in restaurants, music anywhere that I might want to have a conversation. It seems like such an insult to the musician or composer to have the music just loud enough to hear, but then yammer over it like it doesn't matter. Either listen to music (like when driving alone in a car), or turn it off to have a conversation.

10. What is the most interesting thing in your fridge right now?
The most interesting thing in my fridge right now is probably a black plum. My fridge is fairly empty, and we don't do condiments, so between the milk, pop, cheese, and butter, a plum stands out pretty quick.

No comments: